How to Install Red Hat RHEL 7 OS in our Computer?
Red hat has recently released RHEL7 OS. a number of the Changes in RHEL7 are listed below as compare with RHEL 6 .
- Default root file system is XFS
- Linux 3.10 kernel.
- A new systemctl command replaces chkconfig and service, although scripts allow you to still use the legacy commands.
- Docker: The biggest new addition to RHEL 7 is tight integration of Docker, the explosively popular application-virtualization technology.
- Boot-loader GRUB2
- Samba 4.1 and BTRFS makes an appearance
In this article we will go through the installation steps of RHEL 7, we will be installing using DVD or ISO file .
Step 1 : Download the Binary DVD ISO File
Only the registerd users & who have the subscription on redhat portal can download the iso file of RHEL7.
Use the link ” Download RHEL7 Binary Dvd ISO file” Once you have download the ISO file , Burn the ISO file to DVD media or create bootable USB media as per requirement.
Step 2 : Boot the system from the bootable disk and select “Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0” :
Click on Continue
Step 3: Select the language that will be used during installation
Click on Continue…
Step 4: Set Customize installation options:
- Adjust Date & Time, Keyboard, and Language Support preferences under Localization.
- Modify Installation Source, Software Selection, and Network Configuration options under Software.
- Under System : I have created customize partition table by clicking on the Installation Destination , preview of my customize partition table shown below :
Now Finally click on “Begin Installation“
Step 5: Set the root password & Create a system user
As we can see above installation has started. Once the installation is completed it will ask fro reboot.
Step 6: Reboot the Machine , after installation is completed :
click on Reboot
Step 7: Console after OS Installation
Webasha Technologies will help you to Build a career in red hat
The main concentration should be given while choosing the best institute where real-time training sessions are conducted. Your certifications and experience will enlighten your future in getting into higher positions with good salaries. Webasha trainers follow a globally recognized syllabus because we are one of the top contributing Red Hat Partner. We have the in-house facility where the Red Hat exam is conducted in our institute and is monitored by Industry experts from Red Hat. We have deep industry knowledge, education processes, technologies and established delivery capabilities to help organizations alter their learning investments into business performance.